Laird Bell Law Quadrangle, Library, Interior 2. Library reading room of the University of Chicago's new Law School Center. The six-story, glass-walled library houses 132,000 volumes in its open stacks and faculty offices and student study areas range along its walls. Eero Saarinen designed the four buildings of the center that was dedicated in October 1959 by Vice President Richard Nixon.
University of Chicago Photographic Archive, [apf2-04963], Hanna Holborn Gray Special Collections Research Center, University of Chicago Library.
View information about rights and permissions.